1. Sand the surface to be treated thoroughly and evenly with120 - 150 grit sand paper (if previously treated, remove all treatments completely).
2. Remove dust with a soft brush i.e., paint brush or air hose.
3. If using a pre-treatment product from the Creative Base or Colour Base range, apply now following application instructions.
1.Apply COLOUR BASE of CREATIVE BASE to wood surface, not to MDF or similar surfaces, according to the technical data sheet.
2.Lightly sand if necessary. Clean after sanding
1.Mix A + B Component, add 20% B component to A component i.e., 1L A + 200ml B or 500ml A + 100ml B (Pot life isseveral days in closed pot after mixing).
2. Apply oil with scrubby pad or cotton cloth or floor/hand polisher with a white pad.
3. After 5 minutes remove excessive oil with cotton cloth. All excess oil must be removed to ensure the product dries
4. Surface will be touch dry after 2-3 hours. Dry in 24 hours.
Important information: Used rags and pads with oil can cause spontaneous combustion. When certain oils are exposed to air it combines with oxygen molecules, the reaction creates heat which can cause the cloth to ignite. Used pads and rags should therefore be immersed in water after use.
7 days after application, the treated surface can be cleaned with water and KOATE Soap.
2. Surfaces can be maintained with KOATEMaintenance products.
One Coat Wood Oil is a two component, with extended pot life when mixed, one-layer oil that can be used for the protection of interior wood surfaces. The oil is the result of a unique blend of natural oils and hard waxes without addition of solvents and enhances the natural look and feel of the wood. Get your sample here.