One Coat Wood Oil is a premium wood oil for the protection of Interior Wood, Valchromat and MDF surfaces in one single coat.
Itis a two component one-layer Hardwax oil. The oil is the result of a unique blend of natural oils and hard waxes without addition of solvents and enhances the natural look and feel of the wood.
Features and Highlights
0% VOC's, NO volatile organic compounds, 100& Eco-Friendly
Suitable for horizontal and vertical wood surfaces
High coverage per litre 40-50m2 per litre
Provides colour and protection in One Coat only
Easy to apply to all wood types
Extended pot life - when A+B component have been mixed and the mixture is resealed then your product will not harden like typical 2-component products. The product will be useable for days if not weeks after initial mixing.
Easy to maintain and renovate.
No. of coats
40-50m2 per litre
2 hours touch dry
24 hours dry
7 days fully cured
20ml sample, 100ml, 500ml, 1L
Please Select Size/Option
Please Select Size/Option
1. Sand the surface to be treated thoroughly and evenly with120 - 150 grit sand paper (if previously treated, remove all treatments completely).
2. Remove dust with a soft brush i.e., paint brush or air hose.
3. If using a pre-treatment product from the Creative Base or Colour Base range, apply now following application instructions.
MDF and Similar Surfaces (i.e. Valchromat)
1.Sand the surface to be treated thoroughly and evenly using150 grit sand paper or scotch pad.
2. Remove rotary sanding marks with 180 grit paper.
3. Remove dust with a soft brush i.e., paint brush or air hose.
PRE-TREATMENT – If using
1.Apply COLOUR BASE of CREATIVE BASE to wood surface, not to MDF or similar surfaces, according to the technical data sheet.
2.Lightly sand if necessary. Clean after sanding
1.Mix A + B Component, add 20% B component to A component i.e., 1L A + 200ml B or 500ml A + 100ml B or 100ml A + 20ml B, 300ml B component recommended for commercial, high use areas. (Pot life isseveral days in closed pot after mixing).
Wood surfaces –
2. Apply oil with scrubby pad or cotton cloth or floor/hand polisher with a white pad.
3. After 5 minutes remove excessive oil with cotton cloth. All excess oil must be removed to ensure the product dries
4. Surface will be touch dry after 2-3 hours. Dry in 24 hours.
MDF & Similar Surfaces –
2. Apply with white scotch pad or hand polisher with a specially developed pad.
3. Add oil to pad, start in one corner working the oil into the MDF surface.
4. Add oil to wet surface and work to the rest of the surface. Work wet to dry.
5. Excess oil can be removed with a soft sponge.
Important information: Used rags and pads with oil can cause spontaneous combustion. When certain oils are exposed to air it combines with oxygen molecules, the reaction creates heat which can cause the cloth to ignite. Used pads and rags should therefore be immersed in water after use.
7 days after application, the treated surface can be cleaned with water and KOATE Soap.
2. Surfaces can be maintained with KOATEMaintenance products.
One Coat Wood Oil is a two component, with extended pot life when mixed, one-layer oil that can be used for the protection of interior wood surfaces. The oil is the result of a unique blend of natural oils and hard waxes without addition of solvents and enhances the natural look and feel of the wood. Get your sample here.